Have questions about IVF and infertility? We have answers.
- Repronex and HMG are the same drug
- Follistim®, Gonal F, Gonal-F RFF Pen, Follistim AQ Pen, Bravelle and FSH are the same drug.
- Ovidrel, Novarel, Pregnyl, and hCG are all the same drug.
A. Ovidrel is packaged in a pre-filled syringe and injected subcutaneously.
B. Novarel, Pregnyl, and HCG are mixed with 1 cc of diluent and must be injected IM (intramuscularly)
- An 18 gauge 1½" needle is used for mixing all medications.
- A 25 gauge 1½" needle is used for injecting fertility drugs and hCG.
- A 22 gauge 1½" needle is used for injecting progesterone.
- 1 mL (cc) of water (diluent) can be used when mixing up to 6 medication powders.
- HMG and FSH can be mixed together.
- Gonal- F®, Follistim, Repronex, MenopurFollistim, Bravelle, Lupron, hCG and progesterone are packaged in vials.
- Follistim AQ Pen is packaged as a pre-filled subcutaneous syringe.
- Gonal-F RFF Pen is packaged as a pre-filled subcutaneous syringe.