Have questions about IVF and infertility? We have answers.
Example of Patient Messaging Prior to a Clinic Visit
SAMPLE COMMUNICATION TEMPLATE
PRACTICE NAME is committed to the safety of all patients and staff and is making every effort to prevent the transmission of COVID-19.
As much as we understand the need for support, partners, family members, and friends will not be permitted to attend appointments with you at this time. We know that this is a hardship and appreciate your partnership in helping us promote social distancing and reduce the risk of exposure to COVID-19.
Unfortunately, we will not be able to provide masks due to the ongoing efforts to conserve PPE (personal protective equipment); however, we do require you to wear face coverings when attending appointments. You may visit the CDC website if you would like more information on do-it-yourself cloth face coverings.
Please carefully review the following screening questions prior to attending your scheduled appointment. If you must respond yes to any of the following questions, please do not come in for your appointment and contact our office for next steps.
- Do you have any of the following symptoms?
a. Fever ≥ 100.0° F (note that temperature cut-off here is arbitrary, but is the value chosen by CDC)
b. Cough, shortness of breath, or sore throat
c. Muscle aches, headache, fatigue, runny nose, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, abdominal pain, or reduced sense of smell
- Have you been diagnosed with COVID-19? If yes, please answer these questions:
a. Do you have documentation of a negative test after illness OR
b. Has it been at least 72 hours since your last fever and 7 days since the onset of any symptoms?
- Have you had close contact with a person who has tested positive for COVID-19 or is in the process of being tested for COVID-19 in the prior 14 days?
Close contact includes:
- Living in the same household as a sick person with COVID-19
- Caring for a sick person with COVID-19
- Being within 6 feet of a sick person with COVID-19 for 10 minutes or longer
- Being in direct contact with secretions from a sick person with COVID-19 (e.g., being coughed on, kissing, sharing utensils, etc.).
- Are you a healthcare professional with potential exposure to patients with COVID-19? If yes, please answer the following questions:
a. Have you been exposed to a patient with COVID-19 when you were not wearing a mask?
b. Have you been exposed to a patient with COVID-19 who was not wearing a mask, when you were wearing a mask, but no eye protection?