House Passes National Defense Authorization Act with Language Addressing Infertility in Servicewomen; Rep. Scott Introduces Fibroid Awareness Resolution
Jul 25, 2019
Published in: ASRM Bulletin Vol. 20 No. 10
- polycystic ovary syndrome,
- pelvic inflammatory disease,
- uterine fibroids,
- sexually transmitted disease,
- testicular disorders,
- male endocrine disorders
We are pleased to report that also on July 12th, Congressman David Scott [D-GA-13] offered a Resolution in the House supporting the designation of July as Uterine Fibroids Awareness Month. ASRM would like to thank the 10 co-sponsors –all members of the Congressional Black Caucus—for their support of this resolution.
- Rep. Kelly, Robin L. [D-IL-2] Co-Chair of the Congressional Caucus on Black Women and Girls.
- Rep. Fudge, Marcia L. [D-OH-11]
- Rep. Blunt Rochester, Lisa [D-DE-At Large]
- Rep. Norton, Eleanor Holmes [D-DC-At Large]
- Rep. Rush, Bobby L. [D-IL-1]
- Rep. Bass, Karen [D-CA-37] CBC Chair
- Rep. Beatty, Joyce [D-OH-3] CBC Vice Chair
- Rep. Wilson, Frederica S. [D-FL-24]
- Rep. Pressley, Ayanna [D-MA-7]
- Rep. Sewell, Terri A. [D-AL-7]
The ASRM Bulletin is published by ASRM's Office of Public Affairs to inform Society members of important recent developments. Republication or any other use of the contents of the Bulletin without permission is prohibited. To request permission to quote or excerpt material from the Bulletin, contact Sean Tipton at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Phone: 202-863-2349 or 240-274-2209 (mobile)