ASRM and RESOLVE Advocacy Day Outreach Encourages Congress to Remove Barriers to Family Building
Jun 17, 2021
Published in: ASRM Press Release
Today, 550 advocates from all 50 states met with and sent thousands of emails to their Members of Congress and congressional staff as part of ASRM’s and RESOLVE’s 2021 Advocacy Day.
One in eight Americans experience infertility in the United States and need support from Congress to build their families. Advocating for changes in laws and regulations is one way our professional field, individuals, couples, their family and friends can have their voice be heard on Capitol Hill on the issues that matter most.
If you missed Advocacy Day, it’s not too late for you to advocate. Click here to find the simple form to send an email to your U.S. Senators and Representative asking them to support and/or co-sponsor the following federal family-building bills and priorities for 2021:
- The Adoption Tax Credit (ATC) Refundability Act of 2021 (S 1156 and H.R. 3031)
- Veterans Families Health Services Act of 2021 (S.1280 and H.R.2734)
- Access to Infertility Treatment and Care Act
- Stephanie Tubbs Jones Uterine Fibroid Research and Education Act of 2021 (H.R. 2007)
- Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS) Awareness Month Resolution
- Infertility Awareness Resolution (H.Res.338)
- Every Child Deserves a Family Act
- Veterans Infertility Treatment Act (H.R. 1957)
- Increased Medical Research Funding, FY 2022 Appropriations
For almost a century, the American Society for Reproductive Medicine (ASRM) has been the global leader in multidisciplinary reproductive medicine research, ethical practice, and education. ASRM impacts reproductive care and science worldwide by creating funding opportunities for advancing reproduction research and discovery, by providing evidence-based education and public health information, and by advocating for reproductive health care professionals and the patients they serve. With members in more than 100 countries, the Society is headquartered in Washington, DC, with additional operations in Birmingham, AL. www.asrm.org
For more information on these press releases, contact:
J. Benjamin Younger Office of Public Affairs
409 12th Street SW, Suite 602
Washington, DC 20024-2188
Tel: (202) 863-2494
ASRM Bulletins are published by ASRM's Office of Public Affairs to inform Society members of important recent developments. Republication or any other use of the contents of the Bulletin without permission is prohibited. To request permission to quote or excerpt material from the Bulletin, contact Sean Tipton at email@example.com.
Phone: 202-863-2494 or 202-421-5112 (mobile)