ASRM Seeks to Fill Fertility and Sterility Editor-in-Chief Position
Sep 14, 2020
Published in: ASRM Announcement
The American Society for Reproductive Medicine (ASRM) seeks to engage the services of a qualified individual to fulfil the role of Editor in Chief for its peer-reviewed scholarly journal Fertility and Sterility®.
Fertility and Sterility® is an international journal for obstetricians, gynecologists, reproductive endocrinologists, urologists, basic scientists, and others who treat and investigate problems of human reproduction, subfertility, and reproductive disorders. The journal publishes juried original scientific articles in clinical and laboratory research relevant to reproductive endocrinology, urology, andrology, contraception, menopause and reproductive physiology, immunology, genetics, epidemiology, and public health. Fertility and Sterility® encourages and supports meaningful basic and clinical research, and facilitates and promotes excellence in professional education, in the field of reproductive medicine
The Editor-in-Chief will provide leadership and strategic vision for the journal, reporting to the Society’s Chief Executive Officer for business, administrative and personnel matters; and conferring with the Publications Committee and the Society President on important editorial matters. The term of engagement will begin July 1, 2021 for a contractual period of three years, subject to annual review, with one renewable term. Other specific duties of the Editor are outline in Addendum A attached.
Qualifications of the successful candidate include:
- Doctorate degree.
- Familiarity with ASRM and Fertility and Sterility® and their mission.
- Excellent leadership skills, with the ability to motivate, inspire, guide and evaluate.
- professional staff, as well as a strong sense of ethics and integrity, including a clear
- understanding of the ethical guidelines for scholarly publishing.
- Demonstrated track record of academic excellence, including extensive experience
- in both publishing in and reviewing for peer-reviewed journals.
- High level of organizational skills.
- Possessing developed editorial and political sensitivity.
- Experience in the arena of reproductive medicine or science, and prior editorial board and/or editorial experience, are preferred.
Additional Information about this position can be found here.
It is expected that the Editor-in-Chief will devote an estimated 20 – 25 hours per week to these duties. A stipend will be provided and is negotiable. Candidates should submit a letter of interest and curriculum vitae by December 4, 2020 for fullest consideration to email@example.com
The ASRM is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer.
ASRM Announcements contain information of interest to members about ASRM and its affiliates, NIH, FDA, or CDC matters.